Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Pics Are Out - Here's What I Noticed...

I'm so relieved that the pics are out AND that the results were visible. Personally, I am truly amazed at the results. I never thought that dropping 16 pounds would be so significant (especially visually). I realized that I shed a lot more inches than pounds and in the bigger picture I AM FEELING MUCH BETTER!! I am breathing easier, sleeping better and not as breathless when I RUN up and down my stairs, my feet aren't always sore, my knees no longer crack with each step and they don't hurt anymore!! Trust me, I like the weight loss part, I love seeing that number get smaller and smaller, BUT I also truly love the way I'm feeling right now - just STRONG! It's awesome. I will post my "inches lost" soon - you guys will be amazed; I was STUNNED!!

I received such awesome feedback/comments from everyone - Thank you all!! I've also had a few questions, but here is the answer to what was my favourite question thus far:

"Joania, you look so awesome, it looks like you've lost so much weight in these pix, be honest, are you wearing a gurdle or you know, spanx???"

"NO!! I'm NOT wearing a gurdle or spanx in this picture! I'm wearing the exact same outfit I wore on Dec 10/08, including same underwear and bra!!!!" I literally take it off, WASH it and put it away for a month!!

Anyway, here are 10 differences (physical that is) I noticed in this month's pictures:
  1. My butt is getting smaller and more shapely (whoohoo..on my way to being even more bootylicious than I thought I was!)
  2. My boobs are smaller (my husband's getting worried)
  3. I HAVE A WAIST AGAIN!! WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!! (Well it's on its way back)
  4. I've lost not one, BUT TWO sets of rolls on my back!! Oh Yeah!!
  5. My face is smaller
  6. A little space is slowly starting to reappear between my legs!
  7. My shoulders and arms are shrinking.
  8. My "Backboobs" are shrinking and I TOTALLY hope they DISAPPEAR!!!
  9. My legs look longer (that's because my gut is shrinking, hence my shorts can be properly pulled up, exposing more of my hot legs!!) ;))
  10. I LOOK taller! :)

The one thing that stayed just as big is my heart and I hope it never loses any weight!! My heart is truly filled with joy right now at my progress, the fact that I've remained committed and determined to succeed. I am also very happy and grateful to have such supportive people behind me, in my corner, beside me, having my back on a regular basis. Thank you all so much for all the support, kind words, words of encouragement and offers to kick my butt when I need it!! THANK YOU!!

I am even more committed to see this through and just can't wait for next month's pics...Feb 10 is closer than it seems!!!!

Joania (2000 MINE!!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strong and Beautiful. That's how you look, Joania!

Janet said...

The only thing I've noticed is that your hair is braided!!!! lol - Janet

Joania said...

ThanksDuane!! Janet, you kill me LOL!!!

Skye-Lynn said...

Wonderful post! I love how positive you are! And I agree with Duane, you are a strong and beautiful woman! :o) Keep up the great job! You are such an inspiration to me!

Joania said...

Skye!! thank you so much!! That means a lot and listen, you're a great inspiration to me as well. I love your blog!!

Brightcetera said...

"The one thing that stayed just as big is my heart"...Joania, THAT is for sure!!!