What did you eat Joania??????????
Well, we all have only one life to live and my philosophy is, "You better enjoy it!!"
Below you will find a list of statements of events that occured on my birthday. At the end of the post, you will find whether these statements are true or false.....
- I started off my day by skipping my morning workout - slept in an extra hour
- I had my regular healthy breakfast.
- I had a special birthday lunch with my colleagues at work (including my friend Kim who was "BORN TO BAKE").
- At work, I ate a piece of cake so large, it could qualify as a small cake to some.
- I went to my favourite restaurant for dinner and "went wild".
- I had more cake (this time DQ Icecream cake) when I got home.
- I worked out in the evening!
- I cracked a bottle of wine, had a few glasses and went to bed drunk!
- I decided that a chocolate bar wouldn't hurt..yummmy.
- I ENJOYED my day!
- TRUE - I did skip my morning work out...one of my birthday gifts to my self was to sleep in and it felt awesome. I gave myself a one day break...back on schedule though, just finished my workout.
- TRUE - I did have a healthy breakfast - I figure, why not start the day right!
- TRUE - Now, although I did have lunch with my girls, and Kim did bake this chocolate chip, cream, graham cracker crumb number which looked amazing and smelled even better, and there was also some sort of poppy seed with cream icing cake, I RESISTED!!!! I had a grilled chicken wrap with a bit of gralic sauce and water for lunch - it was delicious! I still can't believe I resisted those desserts, but I did - it wasn't easy.
- This one could be TRUE and FALSE. Had I eaten a piece of cake, it WOULD have been as large as a small cake. I did not have any cake at work!!!
- My favourite (well one of) is a little Italian restaurant on Preston (Trattoria Cafe). The lasagna made fresh daily with home made pasta and sauces is to die for. 1 half order of lasagna, 1 half order of creamy fettuccine alfredo, warm freshly baked bread, a glass of white wine and chocolate mousse for dessert - is what I would have ordered had I gone there for supper but I didn't so the answer is FALSE!!!!
- FALSE - I HAD NO CAKE!!!!!!!( yes, i am a bit pissy about it - but whatever!:0(
- FALSE - I decided..no working out on my birthday..I already wasn't having any cake so no working out!!!
- I FRIGGIN WISH!!! FALSE - Not only did I not have any cake, I ALSO had no alcohol!! I'm making all impossibilities seem possible. I know a few of my friends were betting against me on this one!!
- TRUE -I had a creamy, gooey Caramilk and it was awesome...THEN I WOKE UP FROM MY DREAM!!!!I had NO CHOCOLATE!!
- TRUE - Even without my usual vices of chocolate, cake and alcohol, I still enjoyed my day. I received so many wonderful birthay wishes and hugzzz, it was great. My team at work took me to lunch on Thursday (where I had a wonderful meal- grilled chicken breast over salad), great company and just a nice time -all in my honour - thanks guys. I also enjoyed lunch with my lunch girls yesterday - as always, wonderful conversation and great company. My husband and son were the first to wish me happy birthday and give me my cards and gifts...what's sweeter than a two year old singing "Happy Birthday to Mummy", it was awesome. I received my birthday telephone calls from my friends and family abroad -spoke on the phone for 2 hours with one of them - we laughed so much. It was great. It was relatively warm for a February Winter day! I have no complaints..truly enjoyed my day! Different, but enjoyable nonetheless!
So I am 35!!!!!!!! 35!!!! I feel amazing and happy to be going full force on this journey.
Until next time.