Thursday, December 10, 2009

1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! WE DID IT!! ONE YEAR BABY!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I AM ON 2 CLOUDS RIGHT NOW!!!

I was planning a big long reflective post today, but I decided to do it after - kind of like a "My Year in Review" type of post. I will do that next week, after I've had time to soak up all this AWESOMENESS!!! :)

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read, 171!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!! That's 2 more pounds down!!! WOOT!!! WOOT!!!!

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS IN 1 YEAR: 87 POUNDS and counting!!! I WEIGH 171 lbs!!!


My Measurements:

BODY PART |DEC 2008 | DEC 2009

WEIGHT| 258 | 171

Neck |16.0 |14

Chest | 48.5 | 40.5

Right Arm | 15.5| 13.5

Left Arm |16.5 | 14.0

Waist |44.5 |37

Hips |50.0| 45.0

Thighs |30.0 |25.0

Shoe Size | 10 | 8.5 - 9

Bra Size |44DD | 38D


10 Things I've Noticed:
  1. I've got some excess skin going on...tummy, booty, arms and thighs - I will be working very hard to tone up in 2010!! :)
  2. Gravity is NOT my friend...things are sagging downwards ..the "girls" are not as "quick to say hi" anymore - there more like, "yeah, whatever!" :)
  3. My skin is so much more clear...nothing like taking the toxic chemicals out of your system!
  4. My hair is growing so nicely - thick and healthy!! Well, before I cut it all off, that is!! :) It's still very healthy.
  5. It's kind of funny that I no longer have "bad knees"!! Those who've known me for years know that I always complained about knee pain. I guess taking 87 pounds off did the trick! :)
  6. I have SO MUCH more energy!!! It really isn't a cliché.
  7. I am happier.
  8. It's hard to get going, but once you get to that start line, it's all good!!
  9. Preparation is the key!
  10. The journey NEVER ends! :)
OKAY, OKAY, THE PIX...I'm nervous..

Below you will see current pictures of me in the same outfit that I first took my "starting" pics back on Dec 10, 2008!!!!!!!!!! I have also posted some other "before" pics in which I've attempted to replicate the look to really show the changes and threw in a few "AFTER" shots. My husband and I had a bit of fun with the pix!! I can't wait for your comments!!!

BEFORE & AFTER: NO WORDS, JUST PICTURES.....
















Just For Fun!






















Well that's it y'all!!!!! I know that I still have a lot of work to do but I AM UP FOR IT!! 2010 will be the year of completion and fine tuning!! What do you think? WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!! ! 1 YEAR BABY!! I DID IT!! ! HEY ROB, I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Joania (2KMINE!!)

35 comments:

Shannon R said...

OH MY GOD - First of all you look so FRIGGIN GOOD and SEXY especially beacause of that SASSY haircut which totally accentuates who you are!! VaVaVOOM - you look amazing - You should be on cloud 9 - I wish I could write more eloquently but you have me in "AWE" and in tears for how amazing and exceptional job you are doing.

Kimmy said...

Happy Anniversary Sexy Sexy Lady!!!

Wow!!!

You should venture to the grocery store and pack in 87 lbs of potatoes or 87 pounds of butter in a grocery cart and push it around! That's what you lost girl!!!

Congratulations and Cheers!
Kimmy

Candace said...

Holy God girl-you got it going on-so happy for you-love the hair-love the curves-YOU ROCK!!!

Lagana Fitness said...

OMG ! YOU LOOK F-A-B ! Your pics and measurments are amazing !! GREAT JOB!!

I'm so proud that you keep going the distance... your right, the journey does not end here! NO WAY !! So much more potential to reach your new goals... Ride the wave and manifest ! The world is YOURS !

P.S - You went down a shoe size.. Did you know you would ?

Everyday Superhero said...

Looks like somebody needs new shoes to go with the new purse and outfit that I hope you plan to buy as part of your celebration.

So proud of you. Of course the weight is obvious but I noticed that in the "after" pictures everything is just higher -- you're standing tall and everything has been lifted b/c of the strength training.

I love your attitude. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow you look friggin GREAT!!!!

Congrats

Tina xx said...

LOOK AT YOU !!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL !!!! Absolutely amazing.... WELL DONE !! xx

Unknown said...

Congrats Joania, you look fantastic. You have done a great job and are an inspiration to a LOT of people.

Sue T. said...

You look MAAARVELOUS! Seriously, you look amazing, you've done an incredible job and have truly been inspiring...Especially now that I see it's possible to go down a shoe size!! Woohoo! :)

Congratulations girl! Keep up the great work!

Sue

Cindy Stroud said...

Wow!! You look amazing! Way to go!!

Katie J ♥ said...

Congrats!!! That is such wonderful news and VERY inspiring! Just imagine what you can do in 2010!

Christine said...

wow, that black outfit from behind...rock it...If you go out, you should definately wear that and party down.
awesome.
Keep up the great work joania.

Ella Enchanted said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Your pictures are so good! I love your haircut. Your body looks so great & all of your hard work has definately paid off! Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

**Nia**
YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHH indeed!
The profile photo (#3) and the "botey" shot are perfectly showing the change big time! Congrats on this huge accomplishment, we are all proud (and a little jalous). Now the big question is "what are you doing tomorrow at 5am?
I am sincerly happy for you!

LAF said...

What progress! Your skin just glows. I got a little misty-eyed thinking of all the hard work you've put in, it's just so inspirational. Keep it up baby!

rusty61 said...

Congratulations, Joania!!!!! You have achieved so much and you look amazing.

What an inspiration you are!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you.I was so excited about the anniversary pics, today I checked my personal email first thing this morning ( which is something I never do).When I saw the pics today, I was so overwhelmed with emotion , I just locked myself in my office and started to cry....good job, go Joan Joan! Keep it up!

Marvo

Anonymous said...

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Congratulations! 87 pounds!!! What an accomplishment. I am so proud of you.

I can't believe the pics. What a freakin' difference. You were always a hot mama, but I think you have kicked it up a few notches now. Love the hair too.

Great job Joania!!!

I am so excited that I am going to link to your blog so more people can see you wonderful success.

Anonymous said...

Well a picture IS worth a thousands words so what's left to say.....amazing just doesn't cut it. You look 15+ years younger today than you did a year ago and as cute as a button. Your Mom is dancing on the clouds today! xox

Coco

Everyday Superhero said...

I like the haircut too! :-)

Jenelle said...

OMG!!! I LOVE it!!! I feel over come with emotion when I see the progress you have made. You look stunning to say the least. Keep up the good work! You are my motivator...I need to put a picture of you on my fridge so I can accomplish the same goals.
Congrats!

aimeeinak said...

Oh wow, you look amazing! Congratulations on all you have accomplished this past year. I'm sure 2010 will be incredible for you. :-)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations on your awesome achievements!

Anonymous said...

Heck yes you are gorgeous!

Katie said...

Way to go! You are a true inspriation to so many of us who wonder if we can really do it! Thank you for sharing with us!

266 said...

FAB-U-LOUS!!!!! You are looking SO great!!! WOW! Amazing transisiton, girl! I am so, SO proud of you and all that you have accomplished! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Miz said...

CONGRATULATIONS Woman and thanks for sharing all the pics.

You look amazing, yes, but more than that sound so very very happy and content.

Miz.

Striving to be the best you can be... said...

Hey Joani! Nice! So proud of you for what you accomplished and the fact that you went the mile..you made a goal and you kept going right up until the end! Good for you girl. Now its time to reap in the rewards of all your hard work, with family, shopping and fun! And then back at it continuing the path you started!!..:)
High fives at ya!
P.s. I absolutely LOVE that black dress...the confidence shines through girl. Glad I checked back!

South Beach Steve said...

Look at you!!! Woot, woot! The difference is really amazing Joania! You have a lot to be proud of. You have really accomplished something most people only dream of. I am extremely proud of you.

Dree said...

Congratulations!!! You look incredible. Absolutely incredible. Congratulations on your anniversary, your journey is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your pictures too!

Lori said...

You look fantastic! Congratulations on the year!

Unknown said...

Joania. Congrats to you. You look FANTASTIC!

Thank you so much for the inspiration and for showing me that it is possible to change your body and change your life.

Cheers to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I have no words...you're fabulous and I am so happy for you! Thank you sharing this journey with us!

Natasha in TO

Lady Ladrica said...

I am so happy for you, you are my inspiration. cONGRATULATIONS!

Trina said...

Isn't that crazy how we wear the old clothes now and we look so much better in them. I think to myself, If I look great in this shirt now, my God...how did I look in it 45 heavier?