Tuesday, January 13, 2009

BOOTCAMP

Hi everyone,

So I've been getting some questions about the bootcamp links I have on this blog (http://www.orleansbootcamp.com/, http://www.kanatabootcamp.com/). I decided to do this post about bootcamp, because I believe this is the program (and the people) that helped set me on the path I am currently to becoming healthy and fit.

In my very first post, I mentioned that back in July 2008, I started my quest to lose weight. One of the things I did was bootcamp and I loved it!!! I came accross an ad in the paper for this outdoor bootcamp program and decided to try it out. I signed up and was hooked. It is an effective program as well, I lost 23 pounds and a ton of inches in about 4 months. It is a lot of fun and quite addictive. The women are awesome and make it so enjoyable - very supportive environment. I was 270 pounds when I started and I never felt left out or left behind in the program. They work indoors in the fall/winter and outdoors in the spring and summer. The only reason, I stopped was due to my work schedule and the indoor camp hours. However, i have all intentions of returning in the spring when they return outdoors.

It's a different type of program. Just another way to incorporate fitness into your lives. Change from the daily gym visit (break the monotony). I'm on this journey to get to my goal right now and I have no doubt that I will get there. Part of my success will also include the ability to maintain the weight loss and improved level of fitness and this bootcamp program is one of the ways I plan on doing that in addition to the work I'm currently doing with Rob...so check it out!! If you're looking for a different, fun alternative to working out in the gym and live in the Ottawa area (orleans or kanata), check out the website (click on the title of this post, it links right to the site).

The owner and lead trainer(Adrian - super nice guy, knowledgeble and also passionate about fitness) makes the program challenging and changes it up pretty well everyday. It's a lot of fun.

Check out this ad, it shows a bit of what the program is like:

Bootcamp Ad

No comments: