Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 - Looking Back

Well the year is over and it's time for a little reflecting! For me 2008 was filled with mixed moments and emotions. This year had a lot of sadness with multiple deaths including my grandpa, my husbands grandma, a very close family friend, and several other friends. We miss you all!
This year was also filled with hope - Yes We Can! BARACK OBAMA!! Wow! We attending a few weddings (love is beautiful - congrats to all who officially united in 2008). Quite a few beautiful babies (Jahro, Danika, Grace to name a few - yes I love babies)were born this year - congrats to all who welcomed brand new additions to their families!
For me personally, this is the year where I believe I finally got it!! I've finally taken the right steps to getting in shape, healthy and fit and finally shedding these excess pounds. Time to put myself first in my life! After going through such ups and downs, I know what's important...I want to be healthy! I want to be around for my son. I want to be what I was born to be...MY BEST!! I plan to make 2009 the best year EVER and I hope you do to...
I came across this questionnaire on another blogger's site (fatbridesmaid.com) and thought it was great, so I decided to complete it and post it.
Happy New Year!

Was 2008 good for you? It was mixed but overall it was good - not great, but good.
What was your favorite moment of the year? Without a doubt, Barack Obama winning the US election!!!!!
What was your worst moment of the year? Saying good bye to my Grandpa.
Where were you when 2008 began? At home.
Who were you with? My son and hubby. I always try to ensure that I'm with family at New Year's.
Did you keep your new years resolution of 2008? No and Yes. My resolution was what it always is — to finally lose the weight, get fit and exercise. I didn't get started until the middle of the year and in full swing on Dec 10!!
Do you have a new years resolution for 2009? NO, for the first time in my life!! I got started on my plans for 2009 a bit earlier than Jan 1st!!
Did you fall in love in 2008? I've been in love since 1993 and I fell in love again in 2006!! :)
Did you make any new friends in 2008? A few and they're pretty cool!
What was your favorite month of 2008? July (so many family birthdays, including my son's, husband's, father in law and my wedding anniversary)!
Did you travel outside of the Canada in 2008? YEP!
How many different places did you travel to in 2008? Dominica, North Carolina, New York, Vegas, San Juan -Peurto Rico to name a few..
What was your favorite song from 2008? I love Single Ladies by Beyonce. I'm convinced I look exactly like her when I'm doing that dance from the video. Another reason, it brings a smile to my face as I remember one of my family members doing the entire routine at my house.
How many concerts or plays did you see in 2008? One concert (Heart of the City Tour - JayZ and Mary J Blige) no plays.
What was your favorite book in 2008? The Loop.
Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? I didn't lose the weight...I don't think I'd say "ashamed" though.
What was the biggest lie you told in 2008? More than likely about how much I weighed, but I cleared that up with EVERYONE I know in December.
Did you treat somebody badly in 2008? If I did, it was not intentional on my part. I try my best not to treat people badly. I'm a big believer in the whole " do unto others" thing.
Did somebody treat you badly in 2008? To her credit, I don't think she even realized I heard her when she "whispered" to her friend about the fat girl with the cute little boy. ;)
What was your proudest moment of 2008? Definitely going public with my weightloss journey (be totally honest and blogging about it) and actually making the decision, committing and following through by putting in the work to reach my goals.
What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008?
It would most certainly be wiping out in front of about 10 people right before heading to a job interview!! It was funny though!! BTW, I was successful in that process! LOL!!
If you could go back to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
Notwithstanding bringing people back from the afterlife....it would have to be to go to Chicago for the live announcement that Barack Obama was the next president elect of the USA!!
Where did you work in 2008? The same place I've worked for the past 10 years.
Favorite TV shows(s) of 2008? Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, So You Think You Can Dance Canada, Oprah, Ghost Whisperer and The Young and the Restless (I know, I know)!!
Favorite Food in 2008? I could go on and on for pages and pages here... Anything from McDonalds, DQ, Lasagna - or any other type of Italian food or pasta, Gabriel's Meat Lovers Pizza with extra cheese, Kim H's Cream Cheese Skor Bit Caramel Apple Dip (OMG YUM!!), Kim H's Baileys Cheese Cake, As a matter of fact, ANYTHING Kim H makes or bakes - believe it or not she makes great salads too, Ribs! Ribs! Ribs!!, ox tail with rice and peas, fried plantain and sweet potatoes, Margaret's Baked Mac and Cheese and Chocolate Chip Cookies, any Cheese Cake, Chocolate Cake, Any cake! Apple pie and ice cream, butter tarts, brownies, ice cream of any flavour, especially heavenly hash and cookie dough, chocolate bars... I really need to move to on to the next question, bad thoughts are coming to mind!!
Favorite Drink in 2008? Coca-cola Classic, Vodka and anything, zinfandel
Favorite person(s) to be with in 2008? I loved the time I spend with my grandma this year even if it was under such sad circumstances. I don't get to see her often due to distance and I just love her so much. She has the best sense of humour ever. She's awesome. Also my son, he just makes me so happy ( and my hubby too) :)
Favorite person(s) to talk to in 2008? It's a toss up between a few people actually. My cousin Bridget and my cousin Marvela (they're sisters). Bridget, because we always have a good time when we talk and Marvela because I've just come to appreciate our relationship so very much! I love them both so much. My friend Janet cause we can always laugh till we cry (or pee). Margaret because it's always real and interesting and my husband because after all these years he can still get me to smile.
Favorite trip in 2008? North Carolina (Appleby's)
Favorite stores in 2008? WalMart - it's where I spent the most cash in 2008.
Most exciting moment(s) in 2008? Barack Obama, celebrating with my cousin as she closed on her first home, losing 8 pounds in my first week of this journey.
Funniest moment(s) in 2008? My two year old son saying, "Where's peanuts Mommy, peek-a-boo peanuts!"...peanuts is the name he uses for his "private part", you know, penis - peanuts, no big difference! LOL!!
Most Inspirational Person of 2008: I've got three, Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey and Rosy Moio Ghannai.
I liked this questionnaire....anyway, I just thought I'd add it for fun and to share a bit more about myself.
Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: