Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Family Day

It's a provincial (Ontario) holiday today - Family Day! This is not a federal holiday so I had to take today off to stay home with my two year old (his daycare provider is off today - rightfully so, she works too hard!) and it's a good thing because he is sick.

My son has been ill since Friday - running a fever and not keeping anything down, he's been so lathargic . I hate when he's sick...kids should never get sick. It's just sad to see a kid with no energy, but he seems to be on the mend, we'll see how tonight goes. I've been down with a cold/flu as well.

Needless to say, this weekend has been tough. I find it's harder to stay on track food wise at home than at work. It's even worse when you and your child are sick. I haven't drank as much water as I should over the past few days...it's the last thing you want to drink when you have the chills. Although I didn't have any junk food, I did not eat my regular meals - skipped a couple only because I felt nauseous. I missed two workout sessions, but I'm back on track today. My food will be back on track tomorrow. Well, it should be.

What I've learned over the past few months is that even though I'm on this journey (which I'll be on for the rest of my existance), life still goes on, I'll still catch colds, my son will get sick...and even if i don't follow exactly for a day or two, what's important is that I get right back on it ASAP!! So I worked out today - I don't necessarily feel better physically but happy that I got it done...hoping I'll be back to my old self this week and more importantly that my baby will be back to his old self. It hurts me to see him so low on energy - poor little thing.

Anyway, that's it for today, just feeling a little low on the energy scale.

Joania (2KMINE!!)

No comments: