Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blog Love, Support and Awards!!!!

Hi everyone,

I follow many blogs (most are about the whole weight loss journey and struggles etc.) One of the blogs I follow regularly is this one. It's called "A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare" and it's just fabulous, honest, informative and a great daily read - inspiring as well. I am so happy and just on such a high and to make things even better, this blogger, who regular comments on my blogs decided to honour me with an award. I was so pleasantly surprised and genuinely happy to recive it. These are the types of things I'm referring to when I say that there is a huge community of bloggers out there ready and waiting to support you. I really look forward to her comments and just feel that we have a special blogger to blogger bond even though we do not know each other!! Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me and left me somewhat speechless (very rare for me)! So here's what I got:

That's my AWARD!!!! I love it, something so simple, but means so much!! I am officially a "Super Blogger"!!! Yeah!!! This really did put a smile on my face. It's really nice to know that there are people out there who enjoy my blog!! It's great. Now with honour comes great responsibility; here are the rules when one receives a blog award (and I love these rules because it affords to opportunity to publicly express appreciation to someone) something I don't think we as a people do enough!!

So now, here's what I must do seeing that I am a recipient of this wonderful award:

  1. Tape it up on your blog somewhere (DONE!! and PROUD of it!!)
  2. Pass it along to 5 fellow super bloggers, and comment on their blog to let them know how lucky they are today!
  3. When you present your Super Blogger awards, link back to the super blogger who gave it to you (thanks again "scalewarfare")

The toughest part for me will be choosing only five bloggers!! I follow and enjoy quite a few blogs which provide me with a daily dose of support and inspiration.......of course "scale warfare" would be on my list but she's already received one...thanks again. So here goes:

  1. Tony from http://theantijared.blogspot.com/ - this guy has lost over 200 lbs and has all the pics to prove it!! He's a straight shooter, tells it as it is, very entertaining and a true inspiration. This is the first blog I ever followed and still follow. His only flaw is that he loves cauliflower, but other than that, he and his blog....AWESOME!! Check it out.
  2. This lady from http://theincredibleshrinkingfamily.blogspot.com/ - she's amazing, on a journey to lose weight with her entire family, doing it on a single income. She provides lots of tips, recipes, and pix of the foods they eat. I really enjoy her blog.
  3. This guy from http://zeusmeatball.blogspot.com/ - is a husband and father who has lost over 170 pounds. He is very honest with his journey. His compare photos are just incredible.
  4. This lady from http://gottalose200pounds.blogspot.com/ - I just love the way she writes and her blog is awesome. She is quite inspiring as she set out on her journey to lose 200 pounds. I love her blog
  5. And lastly Karen from http://katschisfitcetera.blogspot.com/ - this was the second blog I started to follow regular. she has a wicked sense of humour and I just love her whole outlook on life.

So that's it. I wish I could have given this award to all the blogs I follow, there are still so many on which i would love to bestow this award. Anyway, thanks again "scalewarfare" . This really made my day!

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!!)

5 comments:

Zeusmeatball said...

Thank you for the mention! :) and thanks for the support on my blog, its been a long road and still have a ways to go but 190 pounds down so far so it would seem I am on the right path :)

It still floors me that little old me (figuratively of course lol) could inspire someone just because I lost some weight, its kind of cool honestly, so keep on keepin on and all that!

As Ever
Me

MeltingLisa said...

Yay congrats, those blog awards are fun, and mean a lot to know that people out there are actually reading!

Chubby Chick said...

Awww... thanks, Joania! I'm honored that you included me when you made your choices for the award, and I SO appreciate your kind words.

I'll post about this on my blog ASAP. Thanks again! :)

Di said...

I am honored ! I will post it and award others after we finish with school today

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Youre so very welcome AND totally deserve it. You are doing such a great job!!!!