Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Adventures...

Hi guys,

I have decided that I will be running a 5K this Fall - October 4, 2009 to be exact. The CIBC Run For The Cure, here in Ottawa.

My trainer gave me the okay to start training for it and we've incorporated the running plan into my regular training - it will replace some of my cardio sessions. I also decided to start a "5K Training Blog" in addition to this one. It will be just for keeping track of my training and anything to do with the 5K. More like a training log. Check it out @ http://my5k.blogspot.com/

I only just decided to train for this run this week so I'm still in the planning stages. The first thing I'll need to do is get a good pair of running shoes and some more courage 'cause I have to be honest, now that I've committed to this, "I'M SCURRRRED, Y'ALL!!"

Also, about 4 people have offered to train for and run it with me, some are avid 5K runners, others are in that same big-bright-beginner-boat that I currently sit in!!! It would be great if I could put together a team for this race..that would be so awesome - trying to work out the logistics. A post will soon follow soliciting interest and offering more details!! One of my fellow bloggers was also a running coach with the Running Room and has offered to share advice/tips etc...Thanks VegNext Door...Check out her site here: http://thevegnextdoor.blogspot.com/

Anyway, that's it for now...excited!! Check out the other blog!!!

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!!)

2 comments:

Everyday Superhero said...

Looking forward to helping. Running a 5k is a great goal and is achievable.

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Yay! It'll be great to hear how your training goes :) You can do it, look how far youve already come! Imagine where you'll be by October!