Sunday, May 10, 2009

More Big NEWS - Metro News Ottawa!!!

Hi everyone,

I've got news again!!!! A couple of weeks back, I was contacted by a representative from Hill and Knowlton -the public relations firm supporting ParticipACTION's Inspiration campaign.

Since my story was chosen to be featured in the upcoming ParticipACTION commercial, they (the PR firm) wanted to share my story with the local media and some of Canada’s marketing media. They wanted to know if I would be okay if they went to the media with my story. I told them, "Sure!" ;)
Anyway, I received a telephone call from Metro News Ottawa and gave a telephone interview to a writer named Tracey Tong. She was super nice. Anyway, the article will run in Tuesday's (May 12th, 2009) newspaper!!! The day after the participACTION commercial goes to air!! It will discuss how I feel about being chosen for the commercial, my blog, fitness routines, trainer etc. I'm so excited!! I'm out of town so of course I've tasked my husband with picking up a few copies!! :) My scrapbook will be awesome! Too bad I don't scrapbook!! I am not very artistic when it comes to things like this. Maybe I'll take a scrapbooking course!! It's a thought! :)
Anyway, can't wait to read it and I hope all of you will check it out and like it!! For those not in the Ottawa area, as soon as the link becomes available, I will post it!!
All this is truly helping me stay on track!! It's awesome!!! When I started on this journey, I knew that being accountable and putting myself out there would help me to succeed!! Never in a million years did I anticipate this level of "accountability". This is one of the reasons I kick my own ass working out regularly!!LOL!! Seriously, it really does keep me motivated.
Anyway, 5 month pix next week!!!

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!)

6 comments:

Losinthisdangfat said...

Hi there! I was looking at your progress pics and I wanted to tell you that you are doing such a great job! I can really see a difference! Keep it up!

Joania said...

@ Andrea - thank you so much. I've checked out your pix as well...Good job to you too!

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

This is so awesome! Congratulations!!

Joania said...

thanks scale warfare!!:)

Joania said...

thanks scale warfare!!:)

Joania said...

thanks scale warfare!!:)