Thursday, December 4, 2008

Yes I Can!!




I found it fitting to add a picture of Mr. Barack Obama as I prepare to start on this weight loss journey, which I know at times will be a great struggle. I have so much respect for Obama; specifically the enormous journey on which he has chosen to embark and what he's already accomplished. His historical win was amazing and so significant. He is a great source of inspiration for me/to me, especially in demonstrating that "anything is possible".

I mentioned earlier that I plan to take as many steps necessary to ensure that I succeed on my weight loss journey and I know I will think of Obama often as a means of ensuring that I perservere through the difficult times.

On that remarkable night of Nov 4, 2008, when Wolf Blitzer of CNN announced Barack Obama as the next president of the United States of America, it moved me to tears. At that moment in time, I made a few decisions, one of which was to finally resolve this struggle I've had with my weight. That's it!! I need to "be all that I can be". Anything is possible, if you work hard, stay true and never give up the fight.

Anyway, that's just one of my sources of inspiration for this journey. I'm sure I'll mention the others throughout these blogs.

On another note, I can confirm that I will be working out at Goodlife Fitness. Mainly because it opens at 5:30 am which will work perfectly with my schedule. So I'm anticipating starting next week. I'm still awaiting my program.

J

No comments: