Saturday, December 6, 2008

Here We Go...

Hi again,

So, today I received a message from Rob (the trainer). My training program is ready and we need to schedule an appointment for our first training session. The session should last for about an hour sometime next week. He will also answer any questions I may have (I have a few). I just need to get back to him with my availability. I'm SCURRRED!! I have to keep telling myself that this is what I want and I just need to get through the first 21 days for this lifestyle for it to become a habit!!!

So that's it, once I meet with him, which at the latest will be next Saturday (earliest Wednesday), I officially start on this journey. It's now time for me to let everyone know what I will be up to and ask for the support I know I am going to need throughout this journey. As I mentioned in an earlier post, with me, it's all about being accountable.

I’ve been successful in losing weight before ( a few times actually) and each of those times has been because I was/felt accountable to somebody else for it. The more accountable I am, the more weight I seem to lose... hence the reason why I want to share this with as many of my friends and family members as possible. I'm trying to lose weight and just improve my overall health. I'm hoping my friends/family will comment on any and/or all of my posts and share their own weightloss stories and experiences. When needed(which I'm sure will be soon) a swift kick in the pants is always the best medicine for me (this last sentence may come back to haunt me).

Anyway, I've decided to start a group on Facebook as yet another means of putting just the right amount of pressure that I know I will need to succeed.

That's it for now. My next post will be to confirm my official start date (more than likely the same day of my training session) as well as include my weight and measurements and the dreaded first official "before" pic. I haven't decided as yet if I'll wear a big T-Shirt and shorts or if it will be "Biggest Loser" style with short spandex and a sports bra!! I said at the beginning "anything is possible if I work hard, STAY TRUE/HONEST and never give up". I may not be ready for such a strong and possibly harsh dose of honesty. We'll see...STAY TUNED!

J

No comments: