Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 21 of My 30 Day Countdown - Almost There

Day 21....almost there!! Great day today. I had lots of energy today.

Weight training went well - still tough and kickboxing class today was killer today. Ingrid really brought the pain today...in between each drill (kick/punch combination) we did 10 push-ups/crunches or jumping jacks!! The warm up alone practically killed me today. It was a pyramid style warm up. It was 10 Jumping Jacks, 10 Pushups, 10 Crunches...then 9, 8, 7...all the way to 1!! It was sick! I wanted to puke (AGAIN)!!

Food was on point today - ate very well, drank lots of water. It was great. For supper, I actually went to subway. I had a 6 inch oven roasted chicken breast sub on whole wheat with lettuce, lots of cucumbers, green peppers, onions and black pepper. No cheese, no dressing. It was pretty tasty!

CELEBRATION!!

I am 10 days away from my year mark!! 10 DAYS!! JUST INCREDIBLE. I was going to wait til February and combine this with my birthday but I have decided to have a little mini celebration now (well probably the 11th or 12th of December). I'm thinking of a restaurant (Italian or Cajun). Open invitation to all who want to come...I will provide more details in the coming days!! AS ALWAYS, your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated...Any ideas to make this a special night!!! let me know

Thanks guys!!

Until next time...
Joania (2KMINE!!!)

5 comments:

Christine said...

wish I could.
congratulations on being about one week away from your one year mark...one year into a whole new life.
It's a great thing.

karen@fitnessjourney said...

That class sounds killer. You must be getting a lot of upper body strength from all those push-ups!

Candace said...

I am so routing for you-you are so close. Wish I could be there to celebrate with you :)

Brightcetera said...

10 days ... it IS incredible, Joania, but also very CREDIBLE because of your commitment to yourself this past year.
If I lived closer or if I wasn't working, I'd hop on a plane and celebrate with you!
I have a friend in Kanata and also in Pembroke (where I was born) so I'm familiar with the neighbourhood. :)
I hope you're surrounded by lots of cheerleaders on your special day ... you most certainly deserve it!!!

Joania said...

Aw you guys are so awesome!! Thanks so much for all the support. I wish I could meet ALL AND CELEBRATE WITH ALL OF YOU (in person)

@ Fitcetera -- I wish you could be there as well ...From very early on in the journey, you were (and still are) one of the first people who inspired me!! You've been there from the start with your "crazy-ass happy self!!" :) Thanks

@ Karen - yeah, my arms and shoulders are getting more and more defined and strong with each session - I LOVE IT!! :)