Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 15 of My 30 Day Countdown

Halfway there!! Today is Day 15!

Very quick post today

EXERCISE:

1.5 hour weight training session which was awesome...my legs were on fire this morning

45 minute kickboxing class - high cardio today. It was awesome.

FOOD:

B - 3 boiled eggs (egg whites only), grilled tomato slices (medium tomato), 1L water
Sn - protein drink (vanilla whey powder, water)
L - grilled chicken breast, steam mixed veggies (spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms), 1L water
Sn - handful of almonds, water (1/2 L)
D - roast beef, green salad (lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers), 1L water
Sn - 1 small baked sweet potato, 1/2 L water

All in all a very good day today both on food and exercising! I'm still pushing through but I'm a bit tired today so I'm turning in shortly. Tomorrow is a new day.

Also something I'm thinking about is to have to a big celebratory party at the end of this. I was thinking sometime in December but since it's so close to the holidays, it might not be a good time. My birthday is the end of February - I could hold off until then and just have a HUGE BIRTHDAY-END-OF-JOURNEY-BASH!!!! And that will give me a little extra time to REALLY tone up!! I would love to hear what do you guys think...any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks :))

Until next time...
Joania (2KMINE!!!)

10 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Well with the way you're going, Joania, you will be at your long term goal weight by your birthday ... probably long before then.
How about a smallish bash in December and then the fireworks at the end of February.

Kat said...

You are doing great! I know this week is going to be another awesome week for you. I think a blow out birthday party/celebration party sounds like a wonderful idea...:-)

Christine said...

I say do it Your one year and then another at goal.
Nothing like two parties lol.
You are doing awesome with your workouts, whenever I think of slacking...I remember your regimen and kick it up a notch.
You inspire me with your positive attitude and hard work!
You deserve a one year party.

Me said...

I have been following your blog for awhile, and I coming out of lurkdom to tell you that you are just awesome! Congratulations on everything you have accomplished.

I have a question for you. Do you eat right after a workout, or have a protein of some sort? I started running in the summer (which I think is how I found your blog) and I've read a few places that after a run or a workout you should consume a protein to replenish your muscles. Just curious as to what you do.

Candace said...

I have an award for your on my blog ;)

cre8tivgurl said...

Hi Joania,

You totally rock! I have new found inspiration from your jet to the finish line. A celebratory party could be a zip-lining outing and they do have treks in the winter time. (Feb might be a bit cold?) How about go-karting or indoor rock climbing? Jennifer (a.k.a Gwenh on FB)

Anonymous said...

**Nia
That's agood idea! Do a party and show everyone the new "you" and make them aware that you changed (your eating habits) so they don't expect the "old" you in the future. Birthday time is the perfect about right time to do it.
!!!Since we sweated all along with you, are we invited!!!)

Joania said...

thanks guys
@ Karen (fitcetera) and Cmoursler - I like the idea of two bashes!

@ Nia _ definitely!! everyone's invited :)

Joania said...

THANKS CANDACE!!

Joania said...

@ LACIA - what a pretty name!! Thanks for the nice comment!! After each workout I do try to consume a protein - it is usually a protein drink (vanilla whey powder & water) or a piece of chicken breast with veggies. Hope that helps!