Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trainer, 5K's, Belts and Things

Hey guys,

I have just been swamped of late with work and travel. I do have quite a bit more travel coming up over the next few weeks - by August, things should hopefully settle down. I have been so busy with work conferences and business trips that I haven't even had the time to see my trainer. We've been in touch regularly via email but I ABSOLUTELY need to see him. He has a new program for me which I haven't yet seen. He will email it to me and hopefully I can follow up with him after. In the meantime, I will try the new program and just email him with any questions or concerns I may have. So it will be on-line training...my e-trainer....should be interesting. I just don't want to fall behind and it is time for a new program (it's actually past the time - my fault).

Anyway, I've started my 5K training and holy crap it's tough. I'm blogging about it specifically at http://www.my5k.blogspot.com/ , so please check it out. Jogging is excrutiatingly tough for me but it really is one of those things I want to tackle in my lifetime and I've started. My goal is to run a 5k race in October and I will!!! One of my girlfriends has actually started the training as well. She's in a different city but following the same program. Right now, I think she hates my guts for asking her to do this with me..lol!! She told me how sore she was after Day 1!! Hang in there BEH and keep it up!!
Something else I wanted to mention which I just found amazing, is that I can no longer leave my house without wearing a belt!!! I remember days when I left the top button of my pants un-done (so that I could breathe)....and my pants could stay up for days!! LOL!! Belt??? There was never a need. Now, most of my pants require one! It's amazing to me. As I was walking from a meeting today, I could feel my slacks slipping down, I kept tugging at them to pull them up...this stuff just freaks my freak!! So my plan is to go and purchase a couple of belts (pairs of belts?? I don't even know what it's called - 2 or more belts) lol!! It's something I never thought I'd have to purchase.
Anyway, I will weigh myself and take some pics in the morning and post tomorrow. This month the weight has been coming off literally 1 pound at a time...hey, at least it's not a gain. This is my big flashing sign that I need the new program, one that is just that much more challenging than the current!! I think I'll see a jump in the loss once I start that!!
All in all, I'm still feeling great...I've noticed that extra effort is required on my part to stay with it, but I try to re-focus daily and remind myself of the reasons why I set out on this journey in the first place.
Anyway, that's it for now...
Until next time
Joania (2KMINE!!!)

3 comments:

Sean Anderson said...

Doesn't it just feel amazing to need a belt! Congrats on that!

Your strength and determination despite a busy and I'm sure stressful career, is very inspiring! I hope the new workout rocks you to a new level...You know it will!

Love reading about your amazing progress and thank you kindly for the comment today on my blog.

My best always,

Sean Anderson
The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser
www.losingweighteveryday.blogspot.com

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Good job with your training! You may inspire me to get off the couch... lol

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Kimmy said...

Wow! Awesome! I love the belt story! Cute, and soooo true (un-buttoning pants).

You are such an inspiration!

Hugs,
Kimmy