Friday, July 10, 2009

Newspaper Article

Hi again,

A friend of mine brought this to my attention. I had no idea that this article was published. Last week, I participated in the SunLife ParticipACTION Inspire the Nation Tour (I wrote a post about it here)which launched in Ottawa on June 29. It was a lot of fun and I was actually given the opportunity to speak to the assembled crowd and media. I was on TV that evening.

It was a wonderful opportunity. I got to meet Kelly Murumets, president and CEO of ParticipACTION, Josée Dixon, a regional vice president with Sun Life Financial and former Olympian Sue Holloway of Active Ottawa. We each addressed the group (gave speeches)...it was awesome!! I can't believe all the wonderful things I've been able to partake in because of this journey. It's just fabulous.

Anyway, here's the link to the recent newspaper article written from that event. Check it out here: http://www.emcottawaeast.ca/


Here are a few pics from the event. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get pics of me speaking or of Kelly Murumets (president/CEO ParticipACTION)... I guess in all my excitement, I forgot to ask someone to take a few shots using my camera.







Until next time...
Joania (2KMINE!!!)

5 comments:

South Beach Steve said...

Joania, the publicity you have gotten on your journey is nothing short of impressive. I am sure that is a real plus in the motivation category.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

soooo cool!

Sean Anderson said...

Very nice, and extremely cool!

Awesome!

Crys said...

Excuse me superstar! :)

Anonymous said...

If you get any more famous I am going to have to starting dropping your name wherever I go.