Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why now, McDonalds....Why????

Everyone who knows me, know that if Ronald McDonald was real, I'd marry him in a minute...well the old me would ...okay, who am I kidding?? The new and improving me would still marry him well until today!! He betrayed me!! They introduced something new!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm driving to work today and drive past a bulletin board. What does it say?

INTRODUCING, THE NEW MAC SNACK WRAP!!!!!

Q. What is it?
A. It's a Big Mac inside a warm flour tortilla!!!

OMG!!!! They've taken my favourite sandwich (the old Big Mac) and gave it a new twist and I can't even try it!!! Can you believe it?? I don't think there's ONE thing on the McDonalds menu that I haven't tasted......UNTIL NOW!!!!! Here's a couple of pix of it:

It's a mini Big Mac without all the bun. You still get the Big Mac special sauce, lettuce, Cheddar cheeses, pickles and onions with a beefy half-patty. There's just no fluffy melt-in-your-mouth, sweet sesame seed bun, just a warm snack-sized flour tortilla.

Here's a close-up:

OHHHH, YUMMMMMM!! Doesn't it look good? I know I could easily make a healthy version of this, but nothing beats that old MickeyDees taste!! Although the old classic Big Mac Meal will always be my favourite, I can't wait to get to my halfway point of this journey so that I could try this new item (and a few other classics)....Why now, McDonalds? Why?

OH GOD!! THE COMMERCIAL JUST CAME ON!!!! This is a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!

So now what? Instead of singing the classic song, "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" it will be...... "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions... in a warm flour tortilla."

The song does not really sound right but I'm sure the new Mac Snack Wrap will tast FABULOUS!!! Something to look forward to!!

Anyway, I didn't work out this morning so I'm off to do my cardio!!

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!!)

1 comment:

Everyday Superhero said...

I'm convinced it's the sauce and the bun. I love those two items together.