Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just call me "SPIN-derella"!!!!

I just completed my very first ever SPINNING class and HOLY MOTHER OF EVERYBODY!!! I was sweating like you wouldn't believe, my crotch area, (maybe too much info here - but I'm keeping it real), inner thighs, thighs in general, my butt cheeks - entire lower body as a whole is burning and sore!!! Holy crap what a workout!! My legs are pumping and burning....I KNOW I will be sore tomorrow.

So I get to the class, and let me tell you, these bikes are no joke!!! They don't look like the typical stationary bikes ( you know, grey and boring), these ones look mean! I did feel a little intimidated - but again I reminded myself of my goals and reason for doing this and for the time being that was enough to keep me from running out of there. The spinners started filing in and setting up their bikes. In walks this cute little girl/woman named Tiffany. She was a fricking POWERHOUSE!!! So sweet - until she started TEACHING THE CLASS!!!! I spoke to her briefly prior to starting, just to advise her that I was new and I had my health card with me!!! I was so nervous. Anyway, she was so helpful...she showed me how the bike worked and how to properly set up the height of seat and how to stop the wheels etc... I hopped on and it was on!!!

It was just awesome. I know it's only Day 1, but I swear I'm hooked. The workout was extremely challenging and I was just so friggin proud of myself for finishing the class. I will be doing it twice a week and I just know I will see results. Between eating right, the awesome strength training plan that Rob created for me (and his regular guidance) and this new form of cardio, my body will have no choice but to say "Buh-bye" to my fat!!!! My next class will be on Thursday morning and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll keep you guys posted...again, if any one of you living in the Ottawa area is interested in joining me....check out the website . I will be going every Tuesday (6:45pm to 7:45 pm) and Thursday (6:30 am to 7:30 am).

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!!)

No comments: