Saturday, March 28, 2009

A New Level of HURT ...and More!!

Hi guys,

Well my trainer tried to warn me. He sent me a message last week telling me that he was working on my new program and that I would be in for a "new level of hurt"!! Boy was he right!! I must admit that when he first told me that, my first thought was, "BRING IT ON, Lagana!!" Well, he brought it and he brought it hard.

I am already SORE and I just worked out this morning. My body was screaming, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, IT'S 7:30 on a SATURDAY MORNING??" I met him at 7:30 am and got started right away...he had a special grin on his face and at the time, I did not know why. At the end of my workout I knew why that grin was there! This program is the ultimate "Plateau Buster"and that's the perfect name because I really can't see how I could plateau on this program. Every time I've felt that I've got a hang of the program and that it's "almost" easy (not easy-easy, just almost easy), it's usually time for a new program. Rob (trainer) knows exactly what he's doing.

For example, in my last routine, one of the exercises he gave me was to do 10 push ups on an exercise ball...I thought, "there is no f'ing way I'm going to be able to do that!!" Well just last week I was doing all 10 on that ball and feeling pretty darn pleased with myself. Well today, he made one of his "slight adjustments" to my push-up exercise - literally as small as lifting one leg while I did the exercise - and I was done for!! I could barely get through doing 3 in a row!! But it's all good!! As Rob likes to remind me, this program is progressive and I can totally see the improvements in strength thusfar!! So I have a new goal and I WILL DO IT!! I can't wait.

I've increased the amount of weight I'm lifting and will also be increasing the number of times per week that I do cardio training as well. I will be doing cardio 5 days now instead of 3!! I CANNOT believe how strong I am getting. It's incredible. My body was in shock after this morning....my legs were shaking like you could not believe..IT WAS AWESOME!!!

With each new routine and new exercise, I felt myself challenging my body like never before!! I was hurting but no pain no gain, right?

So thanks Rob for today and this is my official "you were right, you kicked my ass today, I felt more than a new level of hurt" statement!!:) I hope I made you proud today with my progress. I know I left your studio feeling like I WAS THE SHIT TODAY!!! Totally a great way to start one's day!!:)

So that's it for now. I'm looking forward to this week starting my new routine, spinning and more cardio!!!

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds AMAZING, Joania!!! I know I love that feeling when I've been pushed to a new limit in a workout. Major endorphins, right? And hey, congrats on the whole participaction ad! You're goin' places, baby!

Natasha in TO

Lagana Fitness said...

Your WELCOME !!! Come back for more soon! lol

Patricia London Smith said...

Wow, Champion!!! Good stuff!!! Keep at it, Joania! You continue to inspire me to take my baby steps when I see how far your baby steps have taken you!

I'm so proud of you and glad to know that you are feeling such an incredible feeling of strength (in, out, and all about)! :D

Big hug...
Patricia