Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh Christmas Parties

Hi all,

Well today was my work team Christmas luncheon which was super fun. We went to a Thai restaurant for lunch. OMG the food was amazing. I indulged. It was all you can eat, but I was only able to have one plate (prior to my journey, I could eat a minimum of 3 plates - not any more, I was stuffed after that one plate)...I tried to have little bites of everything (from curried chicken, beef satay, garlic shrimps, ginger chicken etc..etc). I also had one spring roll and some noodles (not a lot) but it was delicious. I also had a couple of glasses of wine ( they were small glasses).

We then went go carting (indoor). It was awesome!! I crashed but got right back on another car and continued. This is just another example of something I would have been reluctant to do before because of my size and lack of fitness. These were not regular go carts, they go pretty fast. We were required to wear coveralls and helmets before getting on. Prior to losing this weight, I would be horrified at the thought of having to try on coveralls (especially in front of my colleagues) and not have it fit. That alone would have kept me from participating! Well not this time...I grabbed a coverall, slipped it on and was ready to go - it was an amazing feeling (something that I think most people take for granted). I had such an amazing time....

Unfortunately, I missed my lunch hour kickboxing class and I heard they handed out certificates and stars today (for completing Level 1 Kickboxing). I missed out, but I will more than likely get mine on Monday (I hope)!!! I did get my weight training session in this morning which was great!! So all in all today was a great day.

So tomorrow will be Jiu-jitsu and clean eating ALL DAY!! Feeling great.!!!

Until next time...
Joania (2KMINE!!!)

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hey joania...I've been carting..and I must say, I stomped my husband into the dirt bwaaahaaahaaaa...
I am a little competitive with the go carts and the carts..
I love the carting because you can get going so fast and just slide around the track.
Have a great day tomorrow.

South Beach Steve said...

This sounds like great fun! I'll have to try it sometime. I have ridden regular go-karts before, but not the real fast ones.

cre8tivgurl said...

Karting is AWESOME! We got whooped by my 8 yr old godchild...such a blast!