Friday, August 14, 2009

Had A Good Week

Hi guys,

Just wanted to pop on quickly to tell you all that yesterday (Thursday) was a great day!! I ate very well for the ENTIRE day (including dinner at a restaurant with colleagues).

THURSDAY

For breakfast I had:
2 boiled eggs (egg whites only)
about 1/2 cup of fresh fruit (oranges, apples and cantaloupe)
yogurt
3 cups of water

Morning Snack
Small banana

Lunch
green salad
2 thinly sliced pieces of roast beef
a few pieces of raw broccoli
750ml bottle of water

Dinner
1/4 chicken (BBQ'd, sauce on the side)
Steamed veggies (mix of broccoli, red onions, zuccini, red peppers and carrots)
1 glass of iced tea (unsweetened-and not a very big glass I might add - it was one of those slim, sleek ones)
several glasses of water

FRIDAY

This morning I had a pretty good breakfast...
2 eggs with a sprinkle of grated cheddar and about 2 teaspoons of salsa
1/2 cup of fruit
2 cups of water

Lunch
grilled chicken, onions, red & green pepper wrap (ww tortilla) with a salad
591ml bottle of water

Dinner
Roasted curried chicken breast
2cups broccoli
3 cups water

It was difficult sticking to those choices, temptation was so strong but in the end I am so happy that I stuck with it!! I did not have one drop of alcohol of any kind!! Usually, when I travel, especially if I go out to dinner with colleagues, I tend to have a beer or a glass of wine. I think it's the whole social aspect connected to it however, this time around I made a point of not having a drink...it was tough but obviously it's do-able!

On the exercise front, I hit the treadmill hard and for the first time since starting to train for my upcoming 5k (October 4 - CIBC Run For The Cure - check out my training blog for details here.) I was able to run continuously for 10 minutes (at level 5.6 on the treadmill) and did the walk/run combination for the remaining 25 minutes. I felt awesome!! Tomorrow, I will try to go for 11 minutes! I did my weight training routine on Wednesday evening and it was awesome (still working on those pull-ups!!). Tonight, I will do my weight training routine and continue on.

Weigh in tomorrow...very interested to see the results especially because I really tried hard to stick to the program.

So overall, it wasn't a bad week with a few exceptions which I mentionned in my last post.

Until tomorrow...
Joania (2KMINE!!!)

2 comments:

South Beach Steve said...

Great work so far! It is so hard maintaining a program while traveling. Good work!

Anonymous said...

**Nia**
You are showing that no matter what, you'll stay on track...This is your new way of life girl!
Keep it up!